Friday, December 12, 2008

Cranberry candles


Here is a quick and easy project to dress up your home for Christmas using cranberries. I was at the dollar store a few weeks ago and found these really neat square glass candle holders. So I got a couple and filled them with cranberries, then placed little round tea light holders on top of the cranberries, and voila! I now have two festive candles adorning the dresser/console at my entryway.

Another way to use the cranberries would be to put them in jars or vases with water, and add floating candles...I think I saw this on HGTV. Or you could put some white candles on a plate or tray and surround the candles with cranberries. I've done this before on an old silver tray...very chic.

Have fun and be creative! If you have any crafty ideas using cranberries, let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit. JEREMIAH 17:7-8

Brigitte said...

What a lovely idea!
So simple, easy and effective.
Thanks for the tip!

Should also look good with rose hips or a colorful Potpourri.

Now I will have a look for this lovely square jars...