Saturday, November 22, 2008

Orange Cranberry Pancakes Recipe


Here is a yummy cranberry recipe to start off with. I just made these tonight for my daughter and myself. I thought they were delicious! My daughter wasn't fond of them...I think the cranberries were a little too tart for her. :) But if you like cranberries, you are sure to like these pancakes. We topped them with a little bit of butter and powdered sugar. YUM!

Orange Cranberry Pancakes (recipe from http://www.bellybytes.com/)
Ingredients:
1 cup buttermilk baking mix (we used a multigrain mix instead)
1 large egg
1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp orange zest
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup cranberries, fresh, chopped

Directions:Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Combine baking mix, egg, milk, sugar, zest and nutmeg in a medium bowl; mix well. Stir in cranberries.
Warm skillet over medium-high heat. Pour batter onto skillet in 1/4 cup measures and cook for 1-1/2 minutes; flip and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute more. Set aside and keep warm; repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

No comments: